Gloucestershire Vintage and Country Extravaganza
The 43rd Annual Gloucestershire Vintage and Country Extravaganza
South Cerney Airfield, Cirencester, GL7 5QD
August 4th, 5th and 6th 2017
Tel: 01453 890891
4 – 6 August 2017 will see the Stroud Vintage Transport and Engine Club stage their 43rd Annual show at South Cerney Airfield on the outskirts of Cirencester in Gloucestershire.
The show is widely regarded as one of the biggest and best Steam, Vintage and Countryside events in the UK and attracts thousands of exhibitors and visitors from across the county and actively raises money for both national and regional charities. The show features:
• Vintage displays of nearly 700 classic cars from pre and post war, including over 70 Classic American, plus 230 Motorbikes, scooters, 70 bicycles from 1903 - 1980, 30 miniature steam engines, 91 stationary engines, 70 full size steam engines, model engineering, 200 Tractors, over 60 Buses and Coaches, 105 Military Vehicles, 240 Emergency and Commercial Vehicles, vintage Caravans and Model Aircraft flying displays.
• Live Arena with non-stop demonstrations from steam to dancing tractors and much much more. Plus the opportunity to drive a steam engine and see the spectacular Showman’s Engines.
• Vintage Fun fair with the popular Fairground Organs, 'electric yachts', waltzers, big wheel, Punch and Judy Shows, steam-driven 'gallopers' and traditional penny arcade games, plus a ride on a model stream train.
• Countryside Arena featuring dog agility, ferret racing, rare breeds, animal conservation, alpaca’s, shire horses, horse logging, sheep shearing, falconry displays and children’s pony rides.
• Massive Trade stand area with curiosity stalls, models tents, craft marques and specialist Displays of memorabilia from a bygone era.
• The showground site is sprawling, with plenty of food and drink ‘pit stops’, a firm favourite is the vintage tea room with regular music, entertainment and 1940s inspired Lindy Hop dancing and the ‘Steamed Up Brass Band’ or bring a picnic.
And if all that exhausts you – you can pop into The Beauty Box (A converted horse box) and treat yourself to a massage, facial or beauty treatment
Thousands of historic vehicles are displayed from classic cars, American cars, tractors, commercial vehicles, vintage bus and coaches, motorcycles, scooters, military vehicles, miniature steam, traction engines, industrial trucks to emergency vehicles.
Ticket prices from: Adults - £10, Junior - £5 (under five year old free).
Open: 10am – 5pm daily