134th Hawkesbury Horticultural Show and Fair
Traditional village Horticultural Show and Fair.
The main attraction is the large produce marquee, full of the biggest and best fruit, vegetables & flowers, home baking, crafts, home made wine & beer, original photographs and pictures – all produced by the local community.
Main entertainment in the arena throughout the afternoon:
- "Meirion Owen and the Quack Pack" - Welsh farmer Meirion and his sheepdogs provide an amazing display along with the "Quack Pack" of Indian Runner ducks, with audience participation.
- Adam's Axemen Display Team - Fabulous display of traditional lumberjack skills
- "A guest appearance by Terry Walton" - Allotment guru Terry appears regularly on Radio 2's Jeremy Vine Show.
- Rainbow Gecko Bubble man
- Tractor pull competition
There are also:
- Rogers' fairground rides
- Deer and Hog roast
- Beer and cider tent
- Pimms tent
- Grand Raffle with a fantastic array of prizes
- Archery lessons with the Bath Archers
- Amazing selection of trade, craft & charity stalls
Gates open at 12.30pm.
Crowning of the Carnival King or Queen on The Plain at 1.30pm, followed by the procession.
The Show prizes are distributed at 5.00pm.
Grand Auction of Produce led by auctioneer Nick Cragg from Country Properties at 6.30pm.
Come along to the Hawkesbury Show for a great day out!
Pay on the gate or buy advance tickets at The Village Shop or The Post Office, Hawkesbury Upton
Adults £5, Senior Citizens £3, Children £2, Family ticket £12 (2 adults + up to 4 children)
Dogs welcome on a lead ~ Disabled parking in the Village Hall car park ~ Wheelchair accessible
(High Street closed to vehicles 1.00 – 2.00pm)
Hawkesbury Village Hall and Recreation Ground, High Street, Hawkesbury Upton GL9 1AU
Contact telephone: 01454 232910
Included in The Daily Telegraph's "Best August bank holiday breaks in Britain" 2015