Blog is a collection of diary entries, news, gossip and other Cotswold
Cotswold DC Grants £120,000
Voluntary and community organisations will be better off to the tune of £120,000 - thanks to grant funding from Cotswold District Council.
The Council's Cabinet has agreed to award the sum between a total of eight local organisations for 2007/08.
The money will be divided as follows:
* £73,800 to the Cotswold Citizens Advice Bureau, to ensure the service continues for local people
* £20,500 to the Gloucestershire Rural Community Council, providing community support and advice
* £12,350 to CHYP (Cirencester Housing for Young People) to pay the rent on supported housing for young people
* £5,637 to the Cotswold Council for Voluntary Service towards rent and transport services
* £5,125 to the North Cotswold Voluntary Help Centre towards transport and befriending services
* £3, 375 to the Cotswold Counselling Service for rent on its Cirencester premises
* £1,750 to Corinium Talking News, a recorded news service for visually impaired people
* £1,550 to the Cotswold branch of Victim Support Gloucestershire, for rent on its Cirencester premises
Council Leader Cllr Lynden Stowe said: "We are delighted to once again be able to help out the voluntary services, who are the cornerstones of community life in the Cotswolds.
"These grants will go a long way towards helping to provide free advice, support and guidance for local people – particularly vulnerable elderly and young residents."
: 07/03/2007 11:07:13
recent Cotswolds news items
Woodstock's outdoor heated swimming pool reopens for summer on Saturday 22 April.
With a 25 metre main pool and a depth of 3.5 metres, it is ideal for diving enthusiasts and there is a separate pa... [more]
Members of a youth club are celebrating after councillors agreed a £50,000 grant to help build their new purpose-built home.
The Woodstock Youth Centre will now press ahead with its plans to const... [more]
Tourism is set for a boost from afar after a glowing report from a Middle East delegation.
A seven-strong party made up of TV representatives and social media influencers from Saudi Arabia and Duba... [more]
To view the