Blog is a collection of diary entries, news, gossip and other Cotswold
Waste Roadshow To Travel The Cotswolds
A series of information roadshows are being held across the Cotswolds from next week to explain how and why Cotswold District Council’s waste and recycling service is changing.
The first roadshows will be held in the villages of Birdlip, Cowley and Coberley, next Monday (10th March). The first collections under the new service will then be made in those three villages next Tuesday (11th March) with the first collections across the rest of the District due to be made in late April.
Cllr Mark Tufnell, the Council’s Portfolio Holder for the Environment, said: “We believe that the changes we are making will reduce the amount of waste we send to landfill sites by up to a quarter.
“Council staff will be available at these roadshows across the District to explain the changes, which should mean a better service for us all.”
The new service will consist of:
* A new weekly collection of cooked and uncooked food in new food waste containers for composting
* An optional weekly garden waste collection service, which costs £30 per garden waste wheeled bin licence per year or £30 for a supply of 50 brown paper garden waste sacks
* A new fortnightly collection of card and cardboard in new reusable blue sacks for recycling
* The continuation of the current fortnightly collection of paper, glass, can and tins for recycling
* The collection of non-recyclable waste fortnightly, either in new grey wheeled bins or in Council-issued beige bin bags for those households that cannot accommodate a wheeled bin
* Any residents who wish to dispose of any unwanted old plastic or metal dustbins will be able to bring them to one of the roadshows and Council staff will then take them away to be recycled.
For more information on the new service, including up-to-date details of roadshow dates, visit www.cotswold.gov.uk or contact the Council’s Waste Hotline on 01285 623123.
: 03/03/2008 17:53:36
recent Cotswolds news items
Woodstock's outdoor heated swimming pool reopens for summer on Saturday 22 April.
With a 25 metre main pool and a depth of 3.5 metres, it is ideal for diving enthusiasts and there is a separate pa... [more]
Members of a youth club are celebrating after councillors agreed a £50,000 grant to help build their new purpose-built home.
The Woodstock Youth Centre will now press ahead with its plans to const... [more]
Tourism is set for a boost from afar after a glowing report from a Middle East delegation.
A seven-strong party made up of TV representatives and social media influencers from Saudi Arabia and Duba... [more]
To view the